Monday, February 6, 2012

Have you massaged your dog today?

Gabby is most 9 months old. She has always been a calm puppy but it has taken some time to get her to stay when I call her and want to pick her up. Puppy reaction go the other way. Not good for person in bent over position ready to pick up puppy. To overcome this I try to spend some one on one time with her everyday. I have found that by sitting with her and massaging her that it helps build trust between her the puppy and me the owner with a bad back who doesn't want puppy to run away when I pick her up.

A friend of mine recently sent me the link to this video on massaging a dog from Dailycandy.com I was very pleased to see this as it provided some additional massage techniques I think are not only good for the average dog but a puppy who is growing. Animal therapy is good for the dog but also calming to the owner who enjoys seeing their animal smile. 

No comments: